To change the ink cartridges of a canon printer is an easy task to carry out. You must be sure to purchase the correct ink cartridge, according to the particular model, in the first place. You may choose from the original ink cartridge provided by Canon or an equally congruent cartridge from any different supplier.
Now, after you have bought the right ink cartridge, mentioned below are the steps you need to follow to change the cartridge of the canon printer.
1. As soon as you reach the cartridge, initiate by taking out the dried up ink cartridge from the Canon printer. To do this, you first need to switch on the printer and raise the access lid. As soon as you do that, the ink cartridge will shift to the centre by itself. To avoid any electric contact, it is necessary that you unplug the printer from its power source before removing the lid.
2. After disrupting the power-supply in order to reduce the chances of an electric shock, exchange the cartridge by taking the dried one out of its place. In order to carry out this process, thumb on the cartridge house in a very gentle manner. You will see the cartridge getting heaved up and simultaneously will get loosened up from its place. Take out the vacant cartridge and put it apart.
3. Now it is time for you to fix the new cartridge. Unpack the new cartridge from its covers and then remove the orange tapes from each cartridge. For safety measures, orange tapes are there to avoid any leakage of ink. To make it easy for your printer to easily identify the cartridge, beware from touching the chips that are present on the cartridge. All you have to do now is to fix the new cartridge in the cradle in such a way so as the chips are towards the head of the printer.
4. All you have to do now is to arrange the cartridges and you are just there, towards the end of it all. Put your printer to power after you have exchanged the cartridges and shut the access lid.
5. The final step is to set up the printer after switching it on. Look for Canon printer maintenance software in your computer. Click on the “Clean and Align” appearing in the Print Properties. Be sure to keep a few pieces of paper in the paper tray before proceeding to click OK. As the printer restarts printing, a message will appear on the screen, confirming the proper alignment of the ink cartridges.
With access to the right types of equipment such as the cartridges and the sheets of paper at hand, you can easily replace the ink cartridge in any Canon printers available. In case, the cost of original Canon ink cartridges bothers you, you can undoubtedly use any other efficient replacement ink cartridges. Just make sure that your printer permits and accepts them without any problem.